Thursday, November 27, 2008

Book Award 2009....

I know this blog hasn't been updated for a long time, but now that reading for the 2009 Book Award is well underway, it seems like a good time!
The awards ceremony for the 2008 book award took place on 21st June at the Festival Hall in Bolton. Terry Caffrey acted as compere for the event. The suspense was finally brought to an end when Derek Landy was announced as the winner for his novel "Skulduggery Pleasant".

It's my first time on a book award panel, so it's quite an exciting time for me - i'm reading more children's books than I've ever read in one go, and trying to cram in as many as i can. I've already read a few which seem like great contendors and have been really caught up in some of the stories. The shortlist will be announced on Wednesday 28th January - I know that seems like a long time away now, but the weeks are just flying by and i'm sure the festive season will be gone before we know it! Keep checking back here for the latest updates on the award.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I can't wait for the Book Awards to start up again!! =D