Thursday, November 30, 2006

Shortlisting Next Week...

Right, well we are going to be shortlisting for the award next week so this is your very last chance to let me know what you think of books you've read this year. Clearly, I have my favourites but they don't seem to be the same as everyone else's this year, which is why I'd like some opinions from everyone else!!

I don't think I should really say what my favourites are here because I'll be doing another blog after we've shortlisted and if I say I'm really pleased it might give one or two of the titles away!! There have been quite a few good ones and I have to admit I still have several to read before next week so I could change my mind about what I want on the list anyway!!

3 comments:

Rachael said...

I think that Thieves Like Us is a great great book, I read it from the box of possible book award books and its great!

Vampirates: Tide of terror is another great one, I read the first Vampirates last year and I think this one is even better than the last.

They should DEFINATELY be in the award. :)

robert grundy said...

I thought all the book's were great but Thomas Bloor's new book Beast beneath the skin is one of the best books ive ever read (not including Lord of the rings by J R R Tolkien). All the books i've read so far are well written and with great description make these some of the finest book's in the world (at least all the ones i've read :-))

Chris from Harper Green said...

I would LOVE for you guys to put through Theives Like Us by Stephen Cole. It's an excellent book - much akin to the winner of the first Book Award, CHEREB - The Recruit. It has a lot of humour in it and some great action, and a lot of mystery around the main characters. I can safely say it's the best book I have ever read.