Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Reading for Next Year...

Not sure if anyone is going to be reading this blog now but I thought I'd update you on what I've been reading anyway!! Have to say I haven't read much recently that I've really enjoyed but one that I have read recently is Marco's Pendulum by Thom Madley. WOW!! I absolutely loved this book - we've even booked to go and spend a night in Glastonbury just to see all the places it mentions. It's a great plot and it's genuinely scary - one of those books that you just have to keep reading! Infact, I haven't read a book that I've thought was that good for a long time!! I would highly recommend it but be warned, it is scary and not for the faint-hearted!!

If you've read Marco's Pendulum or read something that you think is even better will you let me know? We really need to find some good titles for the shortlist next year!!

4 comments:

faith said...

you should read scarlet by cathy cassidy

michael said...

I like the blog, there are lots of useful comments on it. I don't know anything about children's books - I don't think I've read one for about 15 years, not even Harry Potter!

I like the look of the Alex Rider books. I've put a list of them on Signpost - have a look and let me know what you think!

So, If I want to read some Alex Rider, where should I start? I guess Stormbreaker would be the best place...

Anne: If you want to know how to include links to books in your blog posts for next year's awards, or if you can suggest some book lists for Signpost like the Alex Rider one, let me know.

I love the blog though!!

Sophie said...


Read Series of Unfortunate Events
Its EXCELLENT!

Anonymous said...

If you read The Howling Tower, by Micheal Coleman, you're in for a treat, I was gripped within the first page, and the story is very fast moving, funny and factual, I have really enjoyed reading my first book of the 8 choices for the 2007 book awards, and can't wait to read more! by Zoe from Thornleigh Salesian Collage